12 Jul Upcoming Webinars Offer Free CEUs
Earn CEUs at free webinars hosted by our vendor partners MedMal Direct and TriZetto Provider Solutions.
HIPAA: Emails & Texts to Patients
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
5:00 PM – 6:00 PM EDT
SUMMARY: Learn how to stay HIPAA compliant in the digital era. Examine the rights of individuals to communicate in the manner they desire, and the rights of the medical practice to determine acceptable communication policies within their practice. Review best practices to minimize electronic communication risks and maximize compliance.
OBJECTIVES: After successfully completing this continuing medical education activity, participants should be able to:
- Define patients’ rights to preferred communication and access to information
- Examine the HIPAA requirements to protect PHI
- Explain risks associated with electronic communications
- Designate existing policies that need to be revised and new policies that need to be implemented
- Identify need for information security management process
- List the resources available to assist with future questions
TARGET AUDIENCE: Physicians & Practice Managers/Executives
COURSE DIRECTOR: Kristy Kramp, J.D.
MedMal Direct is a Physicians’ Alliance
vendor partner for Professional Liability Insurance.